AC the art of concrete 25% Cure & Seal 5 Gallon
The number of units will automatically be added to your cart. This product is sold by the unit. The quantity added to the Cart will reflect the square footage of the number of units that are required for your project.
PRODUCT DESCRIPTION AND USES
AC the art of concrete 25% Cure & Seal is a VOC Compliant, premium high quality, durable, abrasion resistant, single component 25% acrylic solids cure & seal for new or existing concrete and masonry. The 25% solids content provides a UV stable high-gloss finish that will colour enhance the concrete surface. AC the art of concrete 25% Cure & Seal is ideal for use on freshly placed concrete. The high quality resin solution provides excellent moisture retention for optimal curing and full strength concrete. This product may be used on all new (fresh) concrete no matter the finish. Concrete may be smooth or rough finished and may include:
- Concrete Flatwork
- Light Commercial
- Architectural Concrete
- Precast concrete & walls
- Residential walkways, driveways and patios
- Concrete curbing and borders
AC the art of concrete 25% Cure & Seal is available in 18.9L containers and is a ready to use formulation.
AC the art of concrete 25% Cure & Seal will cover 250 - 450 square feet per gallon. (1250-2250 square feet per 5 gallon pail) depending on the surface finish and porosity of the substrate.
PLANNING AND SURFACE PREP
AC the art of concrete 25% Cure & Seal can be applied to new concrete. Finish trowel the concrete and allow surface water to dissipate completely. Use a low pressure sprayer (20 - 30 lbs.) and apply a uniform coat at a rate of coverage as specified below. Avoid heavy accumulations. A second coat may be necessary where concrete is very porous and where absorption is very rapid. An additional coat may be applied after first coat is tack free.
Broomed Concrete - 250-350 square feet per gallon.
Troweled Concrete - 300-450 square feet per gallon.
Dustproof Seal - 250-400 square feet per gallon.
Second Coat - 300-600 square feet per gallon.
(These coverage rates are approximations only. Many factors will affect coverage rates. These will include, but are not limited to: surface texture, porosity of the concrete, and weather conditions.)
CLEAN AND DRY: AC the art of concrete 25% Cure & Seal may be applied on new or fully cured concrete. All surfaces must be clean and free of all contaminants such as dust, dirt, oils, efflorescence, grease, paint, glue, rust, algae, mildew, non-acrylic coatings and any other foreign matter that may be a bond breaker. Allow 24 hours for the substrate to dry before applying.
SURFACE CONDITION: All concrete substrates should be sound with no hollow spots, scaling or flaking. All delaminated material should be completely removed. Shot blasting, grinding and/or scarifying should be done in those areas.
MASKING: All areas that are not intended to receive AC the art of concrete 25% Cure & Seal, should be protected by masking. Protect vegetation and landscaping.
TOUCH-UP: Finish all touch-up work prior to sealing. This includes cleaning, detailing and colouring.
PLANNING: The substrate must be dry for all steps, during and 24 hours after application. Application of AC the art of concrete 25% Cure & Seal should be avoided on extremely cold or hot days (if the temperature will not be within the aforementioned ranges for 12-24 hours after application). Do not apply if rain, snow or hail is being forecast for the 24 hour period after application.
Both the concrete and the ambient air temperature should be between 10°C and 32°C during application.
MIXING: This product does not need mixing. It is ready for use and no dilution is necessary.
APPLICATION: AC the art of concrete 25% Cure & Seal will darken concrete.
- Use a bucket grid or metal paint tray to ensure application of a thin film. (No puddling of product)
- Roller sleeves will require a solvent resistant core.
- Thickness of roller sleeve will depend on the substrate being covered. A rougher surface will require a longer nap. A smooth cementitious surface such as a garage floor will require a 6 mil roller sleeve. Broom finished concrete, light exposed aggregate or a shallow stamped concrete will require a 10 mill roller sleeve. Deep exposed aggregate or a deep stamped concrete will require a 19 mil roller sleeve.
- Back rolling will help to eliminate roller lines. Back rolling should be done perpendicular to application.
- Use a low pressure sprayer (20 - 30 lbs.) and apply a uniform coat at a rate of coverage as specified below. Avoid heavy accumulations. A second coat may be necessary where concrete is very porous and where absorption is very rapid. An additional coat may be applied after first coat is tack free.
- A single coat is usually sufficient for most applications. However, if your substrate looks “blotchy or uneven” after the first coat, a second coat may be applied. Wait for the first coat to dry sufficiently so that you may walk on it. If a second coat is required, it can be applied exactly as the first coat.
Please allow the proper amount of cure time after applying sealer. For foot traffic allow 24 hours. For vehicular traffic allow 72 hours.
Before AC the art of concrete 25% Cure & Seal dries, solvents such as Xylene or Acetone may be used.
STORAGE AND CAUTIONS:
AC the art of concrete 25% Cure & Seal is flammable. Avoid heat sources, spark, electric tools and open flame sources. Store in a cool dry area out of direct sunlight. Shelf life under normal recommended conditions is 2 years. Store in sealed containers. Keep area well ventilated. Do not allow to freeze. INHALATION: Use approved NIOSH PPE (Respirator for organic vapours). SKIN CONTACT: May cause irritation. Remove all contaminated clothing and wash before reusing. Wash affected skin area with soap and water. If symptoms persist, seek medical attention. EYE CONTACT: Wear eye protecting while handling product. If contact with eyes does occur, remove contact lenses (if present). Flush eyes with water or eye wash solution for 15 minutes. Seek medical Attention. Consult the SDS sheets for further information before use of product. KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.
DATA SHEET DOWNLOADS